Each month I will quickly blog about my 5 design loves from the food and drink industry that I have spotted on my travels. These could be anything from interesting menu designs, to unique logos or a sexy new food concept or just simply something that makes me laugh.
So here goes for the month of April that seen the nation eagerly await the arrival Kate and Williams royal baby. I was out there falling in love with these creative ideas:
1. Menu Design: A menu in a plant pot such a simple yet effective idea and could be quite cost effective for small food businesses such as restaurants, bars and cafes.
All Bar One have kept there creative very simple and I think actual plant should be more of the herb variety and the word ‘peckish’ maybe shouldn’t be used as it might encourage the eating of the plant (see below). Great concept could just work a little harder.
Spotted at: Allbarone at Euston Station
2. Food ideas – Tacos: The beauty of the meat tacos street food dish stopped me in my tracks, the vibrant combinations of colours and lovingly stacked piles of meats, vegetables and pickles was something I hadn’t seen before. Beautiful and unexpected.
3. Interior Design: A fried egg lamp shade anyone? This lamp rocked my world when I entered the The Breakfast Club Cafe not only does it supports the breakfast theme for obvious reasons it enhances the 80s vibe. It brought total joy to my day.
Spotted at: The Breakfast Club Cafe, London Bridge
4. Drinks promotion: Virgins Tilting Ale. An ale that makes you tilt? Brilliant – bring it on. The ale named after Virgin’s tilting pendolino trains reviews are pretty good but I didnt know if a ‘titling’ ale promoted sensible drinking . Or maybe it’s me just over thinking the word tilting, Anyway it caused for a giggle on the way home!
Spotted at: London – Rugby on a Virgin (Tilting) Train
5. Signage: Just add sparkle. I loved this sign by the Hungry Toad as mentioned in my blog at the Birmingham Spring Market. One effective sign brought the whole stand to life.
I would have never put the glitter signage with the Hungy Toads branding. But it just worked… Well done guys! May be should just all add sparkle.
Spotted at: Seasonal Market, Birmingham
Fab look back through April. I will keep spotting design loves and who knows what May will bring. Exciting times ahead.